Social Media in the News
Social media topics often make their way into the news:
- Good – A Wienermobile Road Rally, Mapped Out by Fans on Social Media
- Bad – Criminals use Social Media to Track Police
- Ugly – Facebook Deletes Photos Of Dead Exotic Animals From Texas Cheerleader’s Account
Spend some time on the Web searching for recent news regarding social media. Select one article to highlight for this post. Here are the guidelines to consider when searching for your example:
- Must be from a traditional news source such as a newspaper, magazine, television or radio station (no social media advice websites or online marketing websites).
- No personal blogs; blogs on a news website are allowed (such as columnists for The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, etc.)
- Must be no older than June 1, 2014.
- No “How-to” columns. The article needs to be newsworthy.
- No repeated examples. If someone posts your article before you, please locate another example. Also, you cannot use one of the examples above.
Add a link to the article in your comment to this blog post (so all the articles will be located in one place). In addition to your link, post a brief summary of the article and your reaction to the information. Click here for complete rubric.
Social Media in the News summaries and links must be posted by midnight on July 28th.