Going Mobile – Design, Lo-So Networks, & QR Codes
The first set of questions for those of you who have a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). If you do not own such a device, answer the second set of questions.
I own a mobile device:
- What mobile device (or devices) do you use? Please tell me what you use your mobile device (or devices) for. When using your mobile device, do you spend more time looking at websites or using apps? Please explain what you like and don’t like about using your mobile device to view the web.
- Do you use any type of lo-so network? If you do, please explain which one and your opinion of using that network. If you don’t use a lo-so network, why not?
- Have you ever scanned a QR code? If so, provide an example. How could you use a QR code, either personally or professionally?
I do NOT own a mobile device (yet):
- Based on what you have read and learned, what do you think is the future for mobile devices? How will people use them? Can/Should they be used in classrooms?
- Why might a business want to use a lo-so network? Why would individuals what to use a lo-so network? What are the benefits and concerns?
- Have you ever noticed a QR code on something? If so, provide an example. How could you use a QR code, either personally or professionally?