Monthly Archives: August 2014
Choose a social media policy to review from one of the lists of social media policies found on the Resources page.
Provide a link to the policy you selected then answer the following questions:
- Does it demonstrate all the “Must-Haves” (see below)? If not, what’s missing?
- What other comments do you have about the policy?
- Introduce the purpose of social media
- Be responsible for what you write
- Be authentic
- Consider your audience
- Exercise good judgment
- Understand the concept of community
- Respect copyrights & fair use
- Protect confidential & proprietary info
- Bring Value
- Productivity Matters
You have spent a great deal of time during this class looking at good and bad examples of social media use in agriculture, and in more general terms.
What advice would you give to agriculturists considering using social media for their agribuisnesses or simply to share their farm stories?
What are the best practices that should be emphasized?